When I found out that the Color Run was going to be in Milwaukee on my birthday I HAD to get Melissa to do the 5K with me. The Color Run is advertised as "the Happiest 5k" - it's a 5k walk/run where they throw colored cornstarch on you during the run. They have them all across the country. I missed it last year b/c I couldn't drive due to a seizure. And this year I couldn't drive either, but luckily Michael was able to get off of work so that we could go to Milwaukee to see Melissa.
We had a great time! I was glad Melissa was an "experienced" Color Runner. She had all sorts of pointers when the color stations came up. She and I chatted while alternating walking and running. That was actually a SUPER cold day across the Midwest. On July 28th I think it was around 50 degrees at 8am in Mikwaukee! 50's? In July?!?!? I think that Dubuque even hit a record low that day.
And you can see from the pics below we definitely got hit with color. And although Michael didn't participate, he still got colored while trying to take pictures of us during the run.






No comments:
Post a Comment